Privacy Statement for the Hawk Conservancy Trust
The Hawk Conservancy Trust has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy online. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
- Customer contact information collected in the shop is used only to fulfill the order. If you email us, your email address will be retained in case we need to contact you again about your enquiry. We currently have no plans to conduct mass emailing. If we do, it will be stated here.
- This site contains links to other sites. The Hawk Conservancy Trust is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- Our site uses order forms for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor’s contact information (like their email address) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to our customers. The customer’s contact information is used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services.
- We may occasionally run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information (like their email address) and demographic information (like their postal code, age, or income level). The customer’s contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come (www.hawk-conservancy.org), the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used in various parts of these websites:
- Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and
- Persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Find out more about cookies.
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our sites and avoid having to re-enter information.
- To allow you to maintain a shopping basket in the shop.
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- Optionally, to ‘remember’ data entered by you at registration/checkout in the shop
- Optionally, to ‘remember’ your login information to the Photographic Competition area.
Third Party Cookies
We are not aware of any third parties serving cookies via these sites.
Use of Web Beacons.
Our Web pages do not contain Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs).
Find out more about Web Beacons.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
Find out how to disable/enable cookies.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. No personal information is retained on our web server. Order information is held on our web server only until it is successfully transmitted to our shop. During that time, financial information, like Credit Card numbers, is held in encrypted form and only rendered into plain text on arrival at our shop.
Our site will provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor.
Users may request removal of their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Users may request changes and modification to information previously provided by sending an email to email@example.com.
Contacting the website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
The Hawk Conservancy Trust, Weyhill, Andover, Hampshire, SP11 8DY