The Marion Paviour Award
*Applications for the 2020 Marion Paviour Award are now closed*
Our Marion Paviour Award for 2020 has been reinstated thanks to the support of a generous donor!
The purpose of this award is to further research into the conservation of birds of prey and is intended to support early-career researchers working towards this goal. Please consider the following information before making an application:
- The project must be focussed on conservation and/or research of birds of prey.
- The maximum award amount is £1000.
- Recipients will be required to provide a report about the use of the funds.
- Recipients will be required to acknowledge the support of the Hawk Conservancy Trust in any related materials and presentations.
- Copies of full project reports and publications will be provided to the Trust.
- Recipients are required to communicate updates to the Trust for the purposes of publicising the project.
All uses of funds will be considered, however preference will be given to those applying for support for fieldwork, conference fees to present work, or travel costs (for fieldwork or conference attendance) over equipment costs.
Applications are required to submit the following:
- Basic CV (one page maximum)
- A short summary of the project (two pages maximum) which includes:
- Objectives of the project, methods and any results if the project is ongoing;
- Amount requested, how it will be used and how this fits into the overall project;
- The research and/or conservation value to birds of prey (include species in question and reason for the project); and
- A brief project timeline.
- A letter of recommendation (e.g. Supervisor, manager, etc.)
The deadline for applications was 31 August 2020. Funds will be released in October 2020.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.