Calling all photographers!
Have you taken any striking images of our beautiful residents or wild birds of prey? Enter your images into our annual competition for the chance to win a private, one-on-one experience at the Trust tailored to your interests, it can include flying or photographing our birds (or perhaps a combination of both!). Plus all winning images will be displayed at the Trust.
We are looking for high quality images with great composition which fit into the following categories:
- Portrait – portrait of a Hawk Conservancy Trust bird of prey (or Trust animal)
- Action – resident Trust bird of prey (or Trust animal) in action
- Working relationship – between a member of Trust staff and a bird of prey (or Trust animal) in any location where the Trust is actively working
- Flora and fauna – wildflowers, shrubs, plants, trees, insects, mammals, wildlife and the sculptures around the Trust grounds (excludes birds of prey)
- In the wild – wild (non-captive/non-Trust) birds of prey in their natural settings
- Impression – we’re after photos that you feel sum up a visit to the Trust. This category is open to your own creative interpretation and is a way for you to show us in an image what you think a day with us is all about.
Please note: by entering this competition you take full responsibility for obtaining permission from all people included in your photograph (if their faces are visible).
This is an annual competition open to entries between 1 January-31 December 2018. No entries will be accepted after midnight on 31 December 2018.
How to enter
- Purchase your competition entry from our on-site shop or online.
- Register to create your account (if you have previously entered this competition, you can reuse your same account and login details).
- Login to your account.
- Once logged in you will be asked for the receipt number from your competition entry purchase.
- You can then upload your images for the current month (up to twelve per month), as well as labelling them and choosing which categories they fit in to.
- Upload images and save.
- You can log back in to your account to add additional images to your entry at any time but please be aware that you will only be able to amend and add entries for the current month.
- Take a look at your images in our Photographic Competition Gallery (please note that your entry must be approved by a member of our team before it is displayed and this will normally take two working days).
A winning and highly commended photograph will be selected for each of the above categories as well as an overall winner selected from the six category winners.
- Portrait – James Nash, Wildlife Artist
- Action – James Paterson, Photographer
- Working relationship – Andy Hinton, Curator at Hawk Conservancy Trust
- Flora and fauna – Guy Edwardes, Wildlife Photographer
- In the wild – Oliver Smart, Wildlife Photographer
- Impression – Paul Durrant, Designer
The overall winner will be selected by TV presenter, zoologist and president of the Hawk Conservancy Trust, Chris Packham. Winners will be announced in the spring of 2019, following the close of the competition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a look through the below questions before you submit your entries. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
2017 Photographic Competition Results
Thank you to everyone who took part in the 2017 Photographic Competition; you certainly gave our judges a tough time!
Take a look at the winning and highly commended images from each of the six categories on our results page. The overall winner of the competition, as selected by Trust President Chris Packham, will be announced at our Members’ Event on Saturday 9 June.