These personalised experience sessions are limited to two adults and up to three children (aged 4-15). If you have a larger family, please call 01264 773850 so that we can discuss the various options available to you.
These three hour experience sessions are available in the morning or afternoon:
- Morning sessions will begin at 9:30am and finish at 12:30pm.
- Afternoon sessions begin at 1:00pm and finish at 4:30pm.
Afternoon sessions are half an hour longer as they include a break to watch the 2pm flying display. If you book a morning session, you are welcome to stay at the Trust after your session to enjoy the rest of our daily activities and displays. If you book an afternoon session, you are welcome to join us in the morning, before your session begins.
Frequently asked questions:
We have a gift voucher for this experience, how do I book?
Please call the office on 01264 773850 between 9:00am and 5:00pm; have your voucher number and a selection of preferred dates to hand.
Can we bring guests?
Your guests are welcome to visit the Trust (normal admission rates apply) but only the people booked on the experience can participate in this experience session. We regret that additional participants are not permitted to join the experience for any reason.
Can we cancel or alter our booking?
A minimum of seven days’ notice is required to alter or cancel a booking. We regret that any alterations or cancellations notified after this time will result in forfeit of the event and any related monies. (If the event has to be cancelled by the Trust, a mutually suitable alternative date will be found.) Experience Vouchers are non-refundable. However they can be transferred to another person if the recipient is unable to attend. Please notify the Trust if you wish to transfer your Gift Voucher.
What should we wear?
We would like to advise visitors that we have a natural countryside setting and sensible footwear and appropriate clothing for outdoors are recommended. Please also avoid wearing bright coloured clothing. Most walkways are laid paths; however you may find some natural unevenness in the other areas within our grounds.
Do we need any special equipment?
All necessary training and equipment are supplied.
Can we take photos during my experience?
Yes! We are more than happy for you to take photographs as a memento of your day, and our staff at the experience session will be on hand to take pictures of you with the birds.
Other useful information about your experience:
- This is not an intensive course to teach people how to practice falconry or keep birds of prey but a relaxed day, set at the pace of the guests on the day, to learn about and handle our birds, and to have an intimate insight into the work of the Hawk Conservancy Trust.
- Experiences are available as gift vouchers that are valid for 12 months, allowing the recipient to choose when they wish to attend from a selection of dates. Please note your experience must be booked and fulfilled before the expiry date shown. Once the voucher has expired, the experience and any related monies are forfeited.
- This experience must be pre-booked.
- If severe weather threatens, the Trust may cancel the event by 2.00pm the day before. Please contact the office after 2.00pm the day before your experience to confirm that the weather conditions are suitable for the experience to take place.
- The Trust reserves the right to vary the content and format of any event, without notice, if necessary.
- Terms and conditions apply.