These intimate experience sessions are limited to small groups of up to six guests, with two members of our team guiding and informing you through your day.
Your half day experience will begin at 9:30am when you are met in Feathers Restaurant by your host. The experience will end at around 12:30pm. Feathers Restaurant is open from 9:00am, should you wish to arrive early to purchase refreshments or breakfast to set you up for the day.
Once your morning experience session has finished, you are welcome to stay with us to enjoy the rest of our daily activities and displays.
Frequently asked questions:
I have a gift voucher for this experience, how do I book?
Please call the office on 01264 773850 between 9:00am and 5:00pm; have your voucher number and a selection of preferred dates to hand.
Can I bring guests?
Your guests are welcome to visit the Trust (normal admission rates apply) but only the person booked on the experience can participate in this experience session. We regret that additional participants are not permitted to join the experience for any reason.
If you have friends or family visiting the Trust for the day, a maximum of two people can join you to take photographs. Please notify your hosts on the day if you have such guests, and you will be advised about the meeting time and place for them to join you.
Can I cancel or alter my booking?
A minimum of seven days’ notice is required to alter or cancel a booking. We regret that any alterations or cancellations notified after this time will result in forfeit of the event and any related monies. (If the event has to be cancelled by the Trust, a mutually suitable alternative date will be found.) Experience Vouchers are non-refundable. However they can be transferred to another person if the recipient is unable to attend. Please notify the Trust if you wish to transfer your Gift Voucher.
What should I wear?
We would like to advise visitors that we have a natural countryside setting and sensible footwear and appropriate clothing for outdoors are recommended. Please also avoid wearing bright coloured clothing. Most walkways are laid paths; however you may find some natural unevenness within our grounds.
Do I need any special equipment?
All necessary training and equipment are supplied.
Can I take photos during my experience?
Yes! We are more than happy for you to take photographs as a memento of your day, and our staff at the experience session will be on hand to take pictures of you with the birds.
Other useful information about this experience:
- This is not an intensive course to teach people how to practice falconry or keep birds of prey but a relaxed day, set at the pace of the guests on the day, to learn about and handle our birds, and to have an intimate insight into the work of the Hawk Conservancy Trust.
- Experiences are available as gift vouchers that are valid for 12 months, allowing the recipient to choose when they wish to attend from a selection of dates. Please note your experience must be booked and fulfilled before the expiry date shown. Once the voucher has expired, the experience and any related monies are forfeited.
- Guests must be aged 16 or over (for younger age groups, we offer Young Falconer and Children’s Owl Experiences).
- This experience must be pre-booked
- Due to the popularity of this experience, early booking is strongly recommended.
- If severe weather threatens, the Trust may cancel the event by 2:00pm the day before. Please contact the office after 2:00pm the day before your experience to confirm that the weather conditions are suitable for the experience to take place.
- The Trust reserves the right to vary the content and format of any event, without notice, if necessary.
- Terms and conditions apply.