Join our team
There are all sorts of roles in our team, from conservation and bird care to catering and administration. Our team is made up of a core of permanent staff, seasonal staff, volunteers and work experience students.
We are currently looking to hire candidates for the following roles:
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Second Chef to join our team in Feathers Restaurant, on-site at the Hawk Conservancy Trust. As the number one rated visitor attraction on TripAdvisor in south east England, it is important that we maintain our standards across the board, including catering.
We are looking for a candidate that is able to:
- Deliver a breakfast and lunch menu
- Deliver fine dining and canapés for evening events when applicable
- Able to use high quality ingredients effectively
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Work well under pressure
- Have excellent attention to detail
About the role
- Sociable working hours (normally 8:30am – 5:30pm) with no split shifts and occasional evening events. Days will vary and includes weekend working. One weekend off will be given, where possible, each month.
- There is opportunity to create your own dishes and recipes to add to our menus.
- On site training and support is provided from our Head Chef.
- As well as working in a team, this role also involves deputising for the Head Chef in his absence, and contributing to daily routine of prep, service, cleaning and ordering.
- Uniform is provided.
- References and DBS (formerly CRB) required.
- Due to location it is important you have your own transport.
Salary: dependent on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 31 March at 5pm.
Seasonal Reception and Retail Shop Assistant
We are looking for a Reception and Retail Assistant to help us during the busier times of year in the Trust shop. This will include school holidays, bank holidays and weekends. It may also include occasional evening work for special events.
You will need to be/have:
- A friendly and welcoming attitude
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Customer service experience is beneficial but not essential
- Good interpersonal skills
- Trustworthy and security conscious
- Numerate and computer Literate, EPOS experience will help but is not essential
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and with conflicting priorities
About the role
- To greet visitors and business associates on arrival, representing the public face of the Trust
- To use EPOS to take payment for admission, events and bookings.
- To ensure the security of the Shop contents, including money.
- To assist with the running and management of the Trust Shop.
- To assist with the maintenance and display of stock to a required quality and quantity.
- To contribute to effective teamwork within the Hawk Conservancy Trust as a whole and in particular within the Retail team.
- To work to consistent professional standards in all aspects of the role and any other requests made by the management of the Trust.
Salary: Between £6.50 and £7.50 dependent on age and experience
References and DBS (formerly CRB) required.
Due to the location it is important to have your own transport
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com