We are recruiting part-time unpaid Field Volunteers to continue an existing project with the Hawk Conservancy Trust. The project is a study of the biodiversity at different sites. We are looking for volunteers with experience in small mammal trapping and small mammal identification skills. Experience with other surveying techniques such as bird point counts, invertebrate pitfall trapping and vegetation transects would be excellent! The fieldwork is flexible however you would need to provide a minimum of one trapping session per week commitment on an ongoing basis, and have a full driving licence with access to your own transport as you would need to travel to field sites independently for surveys. If you think you might be who we are looking for, please fill out the online application below. Please provide as much detail as possible about your previous surveying experience; a full CV is not necessary.
The work of the Field Volunteers will continue a project started by Conservation and Research Intern, Abbie Maiden. Watch this video from Abbie to find out more about what this work involves:
If you are successful, you will be asked for a contribution (£10.00) towards a Disclosure and Barring Service (previously CRB) check. Once this check has been carried out, we will be thrilled to welcome you into our team as one of our valued volunteers.
Start date: Spring 2018
Terms: Ongoing, Unpaid Voluntary, one trapping session per week minimum
Location: Hawk Conservancy Trust, Andover and field sites within 10km
The ideal volunteer would have:
- Small mammal trapping and identification skills
- Experience working on small mammal capture, mark, release projects
- Full driving license and access to own transport with business insurance (fuel allowance provided)
- Flexibility and willingness to commit to a minimum of one trapping session per week on a regular basis
- Willingness to work alone at field sites
- Other survey technique and identification skills would be great!
To register your interest in volunteering with us, please fill in the below form and we will be in touch in due course.